Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Veggie Tents and Going Mobile in My Central Florida Garden

I am in the process of setting up my phone to allow on-the-go blogging. This will allow me to share great ideas, pics, and tips as I go, and it seems anymore as though I'm always on the go as all of you are.

I constantly work to find the fastest and most economical ways to do my gardening, and this year will be no different. Being in sunny Central Florida, many of my veggie plants overdose on sunshine and tend to get sun scald which ruins the skins on tomatoes, peppers, and melons. I've even had green beans and cabbages wilt under the strong rays and heat.

So this year, I think I'm going to give my veggies little tents to help them through the heat of the sun. I'll try it and see how it works. If anyone has an idea about this, I'd love to hear about it. My initial plan is to use a layer or two of cheesecloth. We'll see!

No comments: