Monday, February 08, 2010

Central Florida Garden Moonflowers & Nasturtiums







Feb 8 2010
Finally took a few pictures of my seed starting nurseries that contain the Nasturiums and Moonflowers for the upcoming Spring flower season. Here they are for you to see. I’ve been just a bit under the weather, so these little sprouts are larger than I normally let them get in this environment. I’ll be getting them into likely 3” pots this evening after I get home from work. I was stunned to see the leaf on the Moonflower already. I really hope it’s not too late for some of these to be transplanted. I found in the past that when I leave the sprouts too long on the paper toweling their root punches through the paper towel and gets tangled in the towelling fiber making it tough to remove the delicate root without causing bruising, or worse, breaking of the root! These seeds were started on paper napkins which don’t have such strong fibers, so maybe with a bit of extra, extra care, I’ll be able to successfully move them from these little incubators to their pots. But once I get them into the planting medium intact, they reward me with growth that seems to just take off. The growth rate really is amazing once these little sprouts “realize” they have everything they need to grow in My Central Florida Garden.

No comments: