Thursday, February 04, 2010

Seedlings to the Garden

Even the rain we received over the last handful of days has not been able to green up the landscape in and around My Central Florida Garden. Some weather experts claim that we just experienced the coldest winter the area has had in the last 30 years. I don’t know if that’s true. I’ve been here only 16 years myself. Being a transplant here from northern Illinois, I still think the winters here are great! But my citrus and tender perennials like geraniums, ferns, and such don’t think these frosts and a few hours’ worth of hard freezes are so great.

I am looking forward to getting out this weekend and getting my baby plants (that were started from seed a few months back) into the ground. This includes Sweet Peas, Carnations, Foxgloves, and Rudbeckias. I did flake out and buy some blooming Pansy and Dianthus plants just so I didn’t have to work SO hard for some color. The instant gratification is worth it sometimes to get that shot of color NOW in My Central Florida Garden.

No comments: